Cartomancy Corner

A home for my card musings and useful links

Home About me Ganesh

12 February 2016

Divining the Dentist's Decision

I’ve had a tooth that has been giving me all sorts of trouble, frankly for years, but particularly for the past 6 months. This week my husband and I were due for our regular dental check-ups and I’d made up my mind to tell the dentist I wanted that tooth pulled!

Would he agree? Would he do it today or would I have to wait and come back another day?...

The closer we got to the clinic, the more these questions nagged at me. Eventually I thought I’d try a bit of bird augury. If the next bird I see flying across the road is heading right, the dentist will pull the tooth today. If it’s flying to the left, he won’t .

So I sat there, looking up into the sky expectantly (hubby was driving). And I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Not a single bird flew across the road in either direction for what felt like ages. It didn’t seem feasible that no birds would be flying anywhere in the vicinity during all that time.

And then finally I spotted him. One lone seagull, fairly high up, flying to the right. Tooth out today, then.

As I lowered my gaze, my eyes fell upon a street sign. Of the road my dentist is in.

Ah, that would explain it. Nice touch, guys.

Was the augury correct? Let me put it this way –
The worst part of having a tooth pulled is the crunching sound.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts