Cartomancy Corner

A home for my card musings and useful links

Home About me Ganesh

26 January 2016

oneword

I have discovered a wonderful new unintentional practice resource.

I was looking for online journaling sites that might encourage me to journal/write more and I came across oneword.com. Here's the basic concept:


A gong will sound when your time is up and you're then invited to share your opus, but you don't have to. You can just exit the page.

Now here's my brilliant idea. Why not treat the word you're given as a card's keyword or title? And you've got 60 seconds in which to "interpret" that card. No time to gather your thoughts or summon up meaty aphorisms. You just have to let it flow.

Here's my first go:

Click image to make bigger

"Drop" triggered "drop it" which immediately became "let it go". Where the subsequent battle imagery came from I have no idea. It just flowed.

You only get one new word a day, so you can't binge on this, but I'm going to have a go at it every(ish) day for a while and see how it works for me. Let me know if you try it and what you think.

Edit 26 Jan 16: Ok, this is certifiably freaky. You know what today's word is? "Armor" (spelt the US way, of course). Did I have a premonition? Can I have the lottery numbers next time please?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts