Cartomancy Corner

A home for my card musings and useful links

Home About me Ganesh

16 October 2016

Answering the "10 Questions"

A little while back, James Bulls of Left-Hand Tarot posted his “10 Questions Every Tarot Reader Must Answer”.
If you're a Tarot reader, I encourage you to ask yourself these questions… precisely because these questions are designed to be threatening to shallow egos and to force specific answers on frequently vague subjects.
Lots of readers have taken up the challenge. I will, too. 😀

1. Were you mentored, or were you self-taught?

I’m self-taught, in as much as I read loads of books. The various authors were my mentors. There certainly was no one physically available to mentor me. I began working with Tarot almost 40 years ago. That’s about 14 years before the internet went public (god, I’m old). Now I still read books, but I’m also involved in various online Tarot communities as a means of developing my skill and sharing the love.

2. Are you a psychic or a Tarot reader?

I’m a Tarot reader. We’re all of us at least a bit psychic, and I have my moments, by I’m not “A Psychic”. I do believe I get nudges from, how shall I put it? - forces outside myself. Be they spirits, guides, my ancestors, Source,… I can’t say with any certainty. But I’m grateful for their assistance.

3. Are your predictions accurate, and is accuracy important to you?

Are my predictions accurate? No, not always. I’m of the opinion that the cards are always right. I just don’t necessarily read them right. But not all of my readings would be considered predictive. The bulk of them are introspective or instructive.

Is accuracy important to me? Yes. I don’t want to mislead or be misled. But divination is a subtle art. I believe the universe gives us the messages we’re meant to receive or convey, irrespective of the ultimate “correctness” of the details.

4. Is there anything you can't predict in a reading?

I don’t know. There are lots of things I’ve never tried to predict.

5. Do you use only Tarot, or are you multi-disciplinary?

“Multi-disciplinary” sounds so pretentious. Like saying "I practice various healing modalities”. Ugh. I use other types of cards besides Tarot. I also use runes and I Ching.

6. Is the message in the cards, or in your head?

Hmm… Both. The cards, with the help of Source, present the answer in picture form, and my head, with the help of Source, interprets the picture.

7. Are you a priest or a fortune-teller?

I’m a fortune-teller.

8. Are you a fixer or a looker?

I’m a looker. I’ll give you the information I’m given. I’ll pass on advice if it’s there in the cards. But it’s up to you to fix if fixing is required.

9. Do you read for free, or for fee?

For now, I read for free.

10. Is there anything you won't predict in a reading?

If you’re asking “Are there certain questions you won’t attempt to answer?”, then yes - anything that should be diagnosed by a doctor, handled by a solicitor, etc.

If you’re asking “Is there anything you won’t disclose should you see it in a reading?”, then no - it wouldn’t be there unless I was meant to see it*. But if it is potentially disturbing/distressing, I would be very circumspect as to how I passed the message on.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your turn.


*Update: Since I've been studying Sibilla in earnest I've come across the notion that sometimes cards will appear that reveal very negative aspects of the person you're reading for. They're not meant for sharing - "Ah, I see you're a psychopath" - but are intended as a warning to the reader to be careful with this person.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts