Cartomancy Corner

A home for my card musings and useful links

Home About me Ganesh

21 September 2015

Open Readings

I’ve gotten a wild hair to start posting occasional open readings for whoever might inadvertently stumble across my blog. A bit of cosmic synchronicity. An “If you’re seeing this, it’s for you*” sort of thing.

When the idea popped into my head I thought it would be useful to run it past the cards I intended to use.


These are Madame Dora’s Fortune-Telling Cards. I like them because they give straightforward, homely advice. Or a slap upside the head if that’s what’s needed.

So, it looks like I’ve got Madame Dora’s seal of approval – Say your piece, you’ve got it in you. Besides, you know you want to, so why not?

Actually, I’m not entirely sure why I want to. I think some of it is an attempt to get myself to use my cards more. I can’t seem to motivate myself to do a “daily draw” for myself, even though I know it would be beneficial**. Perhaps by offering a simple reading for others I’ll feel, not obliged, but let’s say lightly committed to keep it up. We’ll see.

So - I may use these cards, I may use others as the mood strikes. 
I may do this daily, weekly, never again, who knows?

But assuming I do do it, at least once more, if my interpretation doesn't strike a chord, take the image and see what it says to you. Perhaps even this pre-reading reading speaks to you. I just hope you, and I, will get something at some level from this little exercise.


*IF it resonates. If not, click away, thanks for stopping by.

**Since I wrote this I’ve read Beth Maiden’s “How can we make time for tarot when we’re super-busy?” and have embraced the idea of photographing a daily and setting it as my phone background for the day. Fun. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts