Cartomancy Corner

A home for my card musings and useful links

Home About me Ganesh

18 August 2014

Reading for yourself

So, true to my word, at least this once - an "info-post". :)

Is it advisable to read Lenormand for yourself when "feeling very emotional or worried about something"? The asker had been told not to read Tarot under these circumstances, as the cards would just reflect their chaos and make things worse. Better to have someone else read for you.

My reply, which applies to Tarot, Lenormand, et al. -

If we can't read for ourselves when we're feeling emotional or worried about something, i.e. when we really NEED a reading :) what good is the ability? Yes, a reading by someone else would be great, but it's not always an option. In order to read effectively for others we have to be able to set our ego aside, focus on the process and read what the cards say without attachment. If, with much practice, we can achieve that for others, we can achieve it for ourselves. No way is it easy, but you have to find a way to let go.

That's it. No blinding insight, but it might be helpful to someone.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    I couldn't agree more!
    I found you on a blog perusal, cool blog.

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger jmk said…

    Thank you, Jane! I've only just stumbled across your comment (why did I not get a notification, I wonder? Must adjust my settings). I'm now checking out your blog. :)

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger jmk said…

    LOL! That was quick. ;) I've caught it in its infancy. I make a note to pop back occasionally and check on its progress.

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    I've been a Tarot reader for a long time but only just discovered the Lenormand, so it's quite exciting for me.

    I'm glad I found Tarot first as I think it's has taught me so much about expanding upon images, which, after all are just picture on a card.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts