Cartomancy Corner

A home for my card musings and useful links

Home About me Ganesh

15 September 2015

When?

The question of Timing, answering those pesky When queries, came up in a discussion group, specifically about the Pages of Shustah, but the issue spans all cards that have specific time period indicators, by astrological association, tradition, etc. The poster said they used the "timing energy" of a card, eg. Aries = soon, Libra = undecided, Pisces = whenever (LOL) with the comment that experienced readers probably had success applying the classic time periods, i.e. Aries = mid-March to mid-April.

Judy said,
I tend to use "timing energies", too - love that description, so stealing it. If I'm really pushed for a specific time point I'll throw out the standard meaning as a "could be". The 'intuitive' in me says "What does Spirit know or care about Time?" but the 'fortune teller' in me kinda thinks this is a cop-out, that if I actually committed to using timings I would eventually become attuned enough to get it right. Dilemma. :)

I'd love to open this discussion up to "my readers" (I can dream). What do you think and why?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Jane said…

    I'm afraid I use a very simple method. I just turn over the next card and see what number it is. So if it's a 6 I would say within in six days, six weeks or six months time. That way the client sees the number for themselves and there is no ambiguity, and I won't be pressed on anything closer or more exact.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger jmk said…

    Hi Jane! I think that's a good method. As long as we're consistent the cards will accommodate. :) And as you say, no ambiguity.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts